Maryland and Washington, D.C. Family Lawyer
Beltway firm provides comprehensive support for domestic legal challenges
Major life transitions involving marriage and parenting often require the assistance of a skillful, attentive family law attorney. The Law Office of Michael A. Troy PLLC helps clients in Washington D.C. and Maryland with all types of sensitive family law concerns, including divorces, custody matters, separation agreements and domestic violence protective orders. Whatever concerns you bring to us, we are committed to safeguarding your legal rights and financial interests. By providing sound, personalized advice, attorney Michael A. Troy works to obtain the outcome clients want for themselves and their children.
Attorney handles divorces, parenting disputes and other difficult situations
Since the opening of our firm, we have earned a reputation for delivering aggressive, professional legal representation for a whole host of family law concerns, including:
- Divorce — Throughout the divorce process, you can rely on us for exceptional advice and advocacy, tailored to your particular values and goals. If conflicts exist over property division, alimony or other aspects of marital dissolution, we’ll formulate a well-thought out strategy designed to accomplish your objectives so you can start the next phase of your life positively.
- Parenting matters — Even though a marriage ends, everyone benefits when parents work together on a plan that ensures both of them will maintain frequent, meaningful contact with the children they share. In assisting clients with issues pertaining to child custody, visitation and child support, our firm focuses on developing a framework that promotes a healthy environment for young people and their parents.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — We prepare pre- and postnuptial agreements that that set ground rules for property division, alimony and other issues in the event the marriage ends in divorce.
- Domestic violence orders — Many divorces are marked by allegations of domestic violence. Regardless of the state of your relationship, you can seek an order of protection if you have been harmed or threatened. Our firm asserts the rights of clients in situations where a protective order is sought due to an abuse claim.
- Alimony — The question of whether a higher-earning spouse must send payments to their ex can be hotly contested. After assessing the pertinent the facts, we develop a strategy designed to achieve fair terms on spousal support.
- Modifications of existing orders — Family law orders are drafted to reflect the circumstances at the time. As life goes on, fairness might require that these directives be modified. For example, a child support or alimony order might not be fair if the paying party loses their job. Likewise, child support and visitation arrangements might need to be adjusted if a parent seeks to relocate. Whatever your situation entails, we can advise if a modification is possible and work to make the change through consent or a court hearing.
No matter what family law challenges you face, our firm is determined to secure the best result possible so that you can move forward successfully.
Guiding clients through the family court system
It is often uncomfortable to bring intimate personal issues before a judge. Complex family court procedures can make the situation even more intimidating. Michael A. Troy understands this and works to relieve your burden at each stage of your family law matter. We provide honest, effective legal support so that you are fully aware of your options before making key decisions.
Contact a Washington, D.C. and Maryland attorney to discuss a prenuptial agreement in a free consultation
The Law Office of Michael A. Troy PLLC handles various types of family law issues for Maryland and Washington, D.C. clients, including divorces, custody matters and the preparation of prenuptial agreements. Please call 202-864-2296 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation with an experienced attorney. Our office is in Greenbelt.