Greenbelt Family Attorney Serving Maryland and Washington, D.C.
Experienced attorney pursues lasting solutions for divorcing spouses and parents
Major life transitions involving marriage and parenting often require the assistance of a skillful, attentive family law attorney. At The Law Office of Michael A. Troy PLLC, our firm helps clients in Washington, D.C. and Maryland with all types of family law concerns, including divorces, custody matters, separation agreements and domestic violence protective orders. We are committed to safeguarding the legal rights and financial interests of those we represent. By providing sound, personalized advice, attorney Michael A. Troy asserts the rights of clients so that they can obtain the outcome they want for themselves and their children.
Knowledgeable counsel for divorces, custody disputes and other concerns
Focusing exclusively on family law in Maryland and Washington, D.C., our firm handles matters relating to:
- Divorce — Whether your divorce is uncontested or marked by serious disputes, we look to secure favorable terms concerning equitable distribution, alimony and parenting plans. Our extensive background in this area helps us develop strategies in all types of cases, such as matters involving complex business valuation and same-sex divorces.
- Child custody — When assisting parents with child custody arrangements, our personalized approach helps clients create a supportive environment for their sons and daughters. Regardless of the conflicts between parents, we work to negotiate a parenting plan that protects both mothers’ and fathers’ rights. You can also rely on us for sound counsel on relocation requests after the initial custody order has been entered.
- Child support — We handle child support issues on behalf of parents going through a divorce or seeking counsel on how to modifyor enforce existing orders. Many of these cases are fairly straightforward, but we also represent parents in mediations and court hearings when disagreements exist over income information or additional expenses.
- Premarital agreements — An authoritative prenuptial agreement gives both spouses the chance to preserve the assets that they bring into the marriage and to avoid potentially expensive legal conflicts in the event of a divorce.
- Domestic violence protective orders — In legal proceedings stemming from domestic violence allegations, we are committed to safeguarding our clients’ rights and to preventing further problems.
Regardless of your particular situation, you will work one-on-one with a proven attorney who is personally dedicated to meeting your needs.
Accomplished family law firm delivers strong results
You can trust our firm to protect what you value most due to our:
- Strong track record — Clients and professional colleagues have noted our ability to secure successful results even in the toughest cases. Michael A. Troy has earned an AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, a recognition by other attorneys of his legal ability and ethics.
- Compassionate counsel — As we pursue a positive legal outcome, we never overlook the emotional aspect of matrimonial and parenting issues. By answering questions promptly and clearly, we help relieve the stress of the situation.
- Aggressive trial advocacy — Sometimes you need to assert your rights in court so you can live in the way that you and your children deserve. No matter how serious the conflict, our firm aggressively pursues a favorable outcome on your behalf.
We know the pressures that clients face in these turbulent times and we are available 24 hours a day to address all of your concerns.
Contact a family lawyer serving Maryland and Washington, D.C. for a free consultation
The Law Office of Michael A. Troy PLLC in Greenbelt handles a full range of family law matters for residents of Maryland and Washington, D.C. To make an appointment for a free initial consultation, please call 202-864-2296 or contact us online.